"Excellent, quick and efficient...once I'd parked"

About: Broomfield Hospital

I queued around the car park for 25 minutes until I was finally able to park. There were cars parked in all sorts of strange places as all the normal spaces were full.

For such a big hospital I couldn't work out why there is only one, relatively, small car park. However, once I had parked I was in and out of the hospital within 15 minutes.

I was booked in for an X-ray on my pelvis. Everyone was very polite and reassuring whilst being quick and efficient. The department was easy to find as it was very well signposted.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Thank you for the post regarding the experience you had, it is appreciated. There is a long term strategy being developed regarding how patients, visitors and staff access and park at the site however in the short term we are currently building a new car park for Renal and Chemotherapy patients and have excellent bus services to and from Chelmsford centre and other routes.