"My critically ill father received fantastic care and attention"

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital / Respiratory medicine

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation of the care and attention that was given to my father during his stay on Ward 6 at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

Without exception, the medical team and nursing staff were amazing with him. There was no expense spared with the examinations and treatment he was given. It didn’t matter that he was 93 years old. He still had a great quality of life and was given every chance and opportunity of treatment, as one consultant said to us ‘Age is just a number’.

Although sadly my father passed away, the staff made his final days and hours very peaceful and comfortable. I would like to specially mention Cathy (Staff Nurse), Sheba, Angela and Marianna. Thanking them all for the kindness they showed to him.

I am truly thankful to everyone.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Jackie

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the care of your father at what must be a very difficult time for you. Our sincere condolences and best wishes are with you and your family.

We will pass your kind words onto the staff, who will really appreciate the feedback.