"What a joke the whole experience has been at Nevill Hall today."

About: Nevill Hall Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Well I've just be to Nevill hall's out patient 1 suite to see the Doctor about my Knee. Well what a complete and utter waste of my time. I get there for 9.30 as my appointment is at 9. 35. The doctor is over 50 minutes late. When I go and see him he tells me exactly what the doctor told me in A&E Saturday afternoon. He then went on to tell me that he would send me for a scan to see what was up with it but that wouldn't be until at least the middle of November. I replied Well doc that's what I was supposed to have done today as I've had an x-ray which shows no broken bones and was told I was coming today for a scan. Apparently not...

Then the doctor sent me to have a knee support put on to stop my knee moving sidewards to help with the discomfort. Only when I give the nurse the letter she says there's no doctor here today to do that for you and I'm have to make you an appointment to come back. What a joke the whole experience has been at Nevill Hall today.

Response from Julian Hayman, Internal Communications Manager, Communications, Aneurin Bevan Health Board

Hello Muffs,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you are not happy with your recent experience at Nevill Hall Hospital.

I believe from your information that A&E would have booked you into our fracture clinic and that this is the clinic you recently attended following your attendance at A & E. Fracture Clinics do run behind sometimes due to the nature of the clinic - emergency work which obviously can mean some patients need more attention then others which delays the clinics.

In general, the waiting list for scans is around 8 - 12 weeks, unless it is an urgent case.

If you would like to email me - sharon.harford@wales.nhs.uk with your patient number and contact details, then I can ask someone to look at your individual situation and contact you directly.

I hope that this helps.