"Fantastic support for patient and family"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

I would like to thank the staff at the QE in Gateshead. My father was admitted on October 17th following a long battle with cancer. The staff in critical care and ward 9 ensured he was comfortable as soon as he arrived and were open and honest about his condition. As a family we were shown compassion and support and my father passed away calm and pain free on the 20th October. The staff could not do enough for us. We were able to stay with my father at all times and they listened to his and our requests and ensured they were carried out at all times. There is nothing I would have wanted to change about his care and I have no regrets that his life ended in this hospital.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback at this very difficult time for you and your family. The staff on the critical care unit and ward 9 strive to ensure the best care possible for patients and support for relatives in a caring and compassionate way. Your comments have been passed onto the ward and department Matron and managers and will be shared at the next team meeting with all the staff.