"Admission for head pain"

About: Warwick Hospital

The local response, from speaking to my doctor on the phone, arrival of paramedics and ambulance was excellent. Everything was dealt with very quickly, amazing as I live in a hamlet 3 miles from the nearest small town. All the staff at Warwick hospital were friendly, efficient and clear in their questioning and assessments. Having had encephalitis 20 years ago, it was great to see how systems have improved in their observations of patients, and to have a CT scan done within about 4 hours of my arrival. The results were very reassuring! On Fairfax ward the staff were pleasant, efficient and caring. It is interesting to see how much more time is given to medical checks than nurture. I got out of bed to help the 90 year old lady next to me to have her tea, she was confused by the holes in her cup and afraid she would make a mess. Perhaps this is the only area of development all our hospitals need.

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I will pass on your kind comments and also the constructive advice to the relevant teams.