"I had been seeing the Paediatrician for the last 2 years at our local hospital and was struggling to be heard. "

About: Chase Farm Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

I had been seeing the Paediatrician for the last 2 years at our local hospital and was struggling to be heard. I just became a new mum and my baby had really bad eczema. I cried for help but everyone kept telling that she'll grow out of it and it wasn't anything to worry about. I tried alternative milks but was told that my baby was allergic to cow, goat, soya milks and also was allergic to nuts and fish.

After avoiding all of those things for over a year, we finally got a prick test done and it turns out that she is only allergic to egg.

The stress on my family has been unmanageable, trying to avoid the above list. The endless prescriptions of creams and steroids drove the house crazy.

I am now being asked to reintroduce all of those things and I am very nervous as to how her skin will react now.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

You mention local hospital and I presume that you mean Chase Farm. I am pleased to note that the medical team have finally established a cause for your child's condition and have discussed this with you. If you do have any further concerns following the reintroducing of products I would suggest you discuss with the team that have been reviweing your child's symptoms or if discharged from Hospital care then your GP / Health Visitor. I appreciate that you are apprehensive but am sure they have guided you appropriately. If you wish to discuss further please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 020 8375 2378