"I have every confidence in this excellent team."

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Having previously had a hip replacement some years ago I was told that in time my other hip would need replacing. Four years have passed and I was starting to have some twinges so went back to my GP who referred me back to Mr. Phil Roberts orthopaedic consultant.

I was seen in outpatients again by the very polite Mr. Roberts and after a little discussion and a look at my x-rays I was asked if I would like a hip replacement. I then explained that at the time our daughter was due to be married in October and my husband had just had a recent diagnosis so I really didn't feel the time was right for a new hip. Mr. Roberts suggested about trying a steroid injection which could ease the pain and give me time to come to terms with things.

Within a couple of months I was admitted to the day surgery and was home again in the afternoon. I thought this was amazing I watched it all going on and I feel privileged that we have such an excellent orthopaedic team in Stoke on Trent. The hip at the moment is pain free but I have every confidence in this excellent team.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust

Dear ‘sansho’,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of visiting University Hospital of North Staffordshire.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the orthopaedic services and care you received from our teams of a high standard. We pride ourselves on giving patients the very best experience possible.

It’s so rewarding for staff to receive such positive feedback, I will share your kind words with Mr Roberts and the teams involved in your care.

Best wishes,