"Pleased with meetings for patient's carers"

About: Wathwood Hospital

(as a service user),

I am really pleased for the arrangement for the patients carers forum meetings here at Wathwood, as I understand that some of the other medium secure units do not hold them.

I would like to say thank you to Steve and Rick for arranging taxi's to bring our families and friends over to the events.

Thank you.

Response from Philip Dickinson, Ward Manager and Involvement Lead, Wathwood Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

It is very positive to receive such feedback. The carers forum has always been a priority of the hospital and will continue to be so. It has been running for over 10 years now and it an event that everyone really enjoys attending. The feedback gained from all carers is invaluable and has led to positive changes on numerous occasions. I look forward to future forums and anticipate the days will go from strength to strength.

Posted on behalf of Rick Fuller, Matron.

Response from Robert Mooken, Compliance Manager, Governance & Performance, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

As the Trust Compliance Manager we are always reviewing what we do to ensure we are meeting our regulatory requirements. Furthermore ensuring we are respecting and involving people who use or are affected by our services.

We can use this information to share with other services across the Trust and illustrate how valuable these forums can be and how this can lead to service improvements.