"Parking fees"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham / General surgery

I went to the hospital with my husband, I decided to leave him and return home and pick him up later that day.

I'd been there 4 hours so the parking fee was £4 for between 3 and 24 hours, I thought I'd get my ticket back to return later, this was not the case.

When I rang the hospital to query this, I was told I would have to pay again even though I was returning that day, within 24 hours of the payment.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your visit to the Accident and Emergency department at University Hospital of North Durham. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - Patient Experience Team Darlington Memorial Hospital Hollyhurst Road Darlington County Durham DL3 6HX If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774