"I loved the overall nursing care ..."

About: Liverpool Womens Hospital

I loved the overall nursing care on the wards and the fantastic, calming and good humoured care of the pre-theatre staff. Overall my week long stay was a very positive one. From the matron down to the support staff, nothing was too much. This hospital is a credit to Liverpool and the UK.

The food was hopelessly awful and its only benefit was the way the whole ward had comedy entertainment when it was delivered. We actually laughed at how awful it was. It seems a pity that people recuperating from surgery were fed the cheapest quality foods and most badly prepared foods. The catering contract definitely needs to be looked at again!

Response from Anne Bridson, Corporate Matron for Patient Experience, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Elaine,

I realise that you posted your comment a long time ago and I sincerely apologise for the delay in responding. However I wanted to say thank you very much for your kind comments, they are always appreciated.

In relation to our food, the Trust has done a lot of work around the food provided in response to patient feedback. We do now have a new catering provider and working with them, many changes have been made which has seen a marked improvement in the feedback we now receive from patients about the food.