"Waited four months for referral"

About: New Cross Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Following stay in hospital with pneumonia and being uncomfortable lying in bed, I spent most of the time day and night sitting in the chair beside the bed and supporting myself on the wooden arms of the chain. This resulted in damage to my nerves in both arms and hands.

I spoke to my GP who referred me to the muscoskeletal team for an assessment of nerve conduction which took place at New Cross Hospital, followed by a further referral to the orthopaedic team.

This appointment has not yet taken place. I originally repeated my symptoms to a doctor at my medical centre after being discharged from hospital and finally had a referral from the GP in June.

This was four months later so not very happy about that.

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your patient experience. Could you please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who will be able to look into the referral on your behalf. Kindest regards Jamie Emery Patient Experience Lead

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

I was sorry to read that you have been waiting for an appointment at our hospital. If you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362, they will be able to investigate this matter for you.

Kindest regards