"Good and Bad in A&E at East Surrey"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

I found reception awful - I was in a lot of pain with multiple injuries and requested multiple times to lie down and pain management but nothing ever materialised although the nurses I spoke to subsequently said I should have never been left like that in the waiting area.

Once seen the doctors were super - friendly information and took their time. The nurses were excellent too until the night shift took over and then the care went rapidly down hill and I was left with no instructions about my after care, what I had actually done to my shoulder (only that it wasn't broken) and although they said no cracked/broken ribs the pain I am now experiencing suggest otherwise.

No care card was given to me about my feedback and no guidance given as to what I should do if I needed further help. So a good experience went rapidly downhill which was a shame.

Dear lclarktb

I'm sorry that you had such a mixed experience in our A&E department. We would genuinely like to understand where we went wrong so if you could e-mail me at ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk I will then look into this for you.

regards

Dear lclarktb

Thank you for your contacting me. I have now forwarded your very helpful e-mail to the senior team in A&E and they should contact you next week.

If I can help in any other way please let me know.

Regards

Dear lclarktb

I understand that Jackie Thompson - our A&E Matron - has been in touch and I hope that this has been helpful and that she was able to address your concerns?

Regards