"Superb Service and staff"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I wish more people understood triage, I was so annoyed at people who think just because they were first they should be seen first, when I arrived I was 1 of 3 people waiting to be seen, I was seen quickly by the assessment nurse and even though it was a while before I saw a doctor I realised that people coming in after me needed help quicker. I got sick of hearing people moaning even though they must look at what is wrong with them, a small limp or cut finger and realise the people being rushed through are doing so for a reason! When I saw the doctor my treatment was very good and I was sent home with medication and the information I needed. Thanks so much Stepping Hill.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for sharing your understanding of the challenges faced in a busy Emergency Department

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager