"Emergency surgery; absolutely fanfastic"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I was referred by my GP to the acute surgery unit for a very painful condition. I was seen very quickly (within a couple of hours of my GP's referral) and underwent emergency surgery under general anaesthetic the following day. I was kept in for observation and monitoring in E5 ward for a couple of days. The staff at the hospital were absolutely fantastic!! Every one was kind, patient and very competent without being patronizing or condescending, Every area of the hospital I saw was meticulously clean and tidy. I really couldn't have asked any more from anyone there - and this was at the weekend! Thanks to all the ward staff in E5 and the surgeon and surgery staff. The relief you brought me was just wonderful.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for posting such positive feedback about the care you received on E5 ward from all the staff involved. We are so pleased you found the staff caring and kind and that you found each area in the hospital clean and tidy. We will share your thanks and feedback with the staff in each department and we trust that you are now well and have made a full recovery.