"Awful and Negligent : Follow up from prostrate..."

About: Chase Farm Hospital

My Dad who is 81 years of age finally had a procedure carried out on his Prostrate at Chase Farm hospital after waiting for nearly 1.5yrs. They put a Catheter on him which was supposed to be removed in 2 weeks. We cannot get to talk to anyone who will give us a appointment and it is now 6 weeks since the operation was done. We also have had a follow up with the Doctor who apologised for the poor service but since then back to normal, no one is available to talk to and haven't heard anything about the appointment. I think this is a gross negligence of patient care.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

I am very concerned to read your feedback. I request that you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 02082164924 so that one of the team can liaise with urology on your behalf to resolve the catheter issue. If you wish to get your overall concerns with the service addressed PALS would be happy to support with that matter too. As an organisation we are committed from learning from specific issues and from any mistakes we may have made. Hearing about where we can do better helps us to pinpoint where exactly to make improvements to the service we provide. I do hope that you will make contact.