"My father's experience "

About: City Hospital campus / Urology

My Dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2011. He spent a number of periods of time in the City Hospital in Nottingham receiving treatment.

I have nothing but praise for all the staff, especially the stoma nurses who ran the "bag for life" club as we called it and the team on Gervis Pearson ward who cared for Dad and our family during his last weeks.

Very difficult times on a ward with really ill patients but nothing was too much trouble; the nurses and health care assistants were there 24 hours a day 7 days a week to offer support to us all.

Thank you so much for everything you did to help us through.

Response from City Hospital campus

Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Your comments will be very greatly appreciated by our staff and I will ensure they are forwarded to them. Thank you Nottingham University Hospitals

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss and thank you for such wonderful feedback regarding your father's care. This is really pleasing to hear. Please be assured we will pass on your comments to our stoma nurses and all colleagues on Gervis Pearson Ward at our City Hospital.