"surgery orthopeadics"

About: William Harvey Hospital

having to wait 9 and a half hours to have an operation,after being told to arrive at 7.30 am and not going down to theatre till 4pm....without food or fluids .i find quite unnexectable. whille i realize there are others in a que which take prioroty but this added to the stress and anxiety of my partners operation....apart from this the wait was worth it and i cannot fault the nursing staff, the theatre staff and the wonderful surgeons that did a first class job on my partners shoulder. the ward was clean and very efficiently run and i cant thank the staff enough .

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We are sorry to hear of the delay that you experienced and would like to thank you for your feedback, which will be reported back to the area involved in your partners care. We are grateful for the positive feedback that you have provided, despite the problems that you have experienced, and this will also be fedback to the staff involved in your partners care. We hope that she is recovering well.

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback, may I apologise for the delay you and your partner experienced. I will feed this back to the team, we take patient feedback very seriously and use it to look for ways to improve the service.

I am glad to see that you were both happy with the way that the operation went and the care your partner received from the clinical team. I do hope that your partner continues to make a full recovery. Thank you again for providing us with feedback.