"My care after few too many"

About: Watford General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I am afraid that I was one of the statistics of drunkenness in Watford on Friday 4th October. Having had one too many to drink, I left a bar and was violently attacked leaving me with a head injury and wound to my nose.

The ambulance crew were great and the treatment I received in A & E was second to none. Again I would like to apologise for having been in a state that allowed someone to attack me and thank all those concerned. Regards

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about your experience in the A&E (accident and emergency) department at Watford Hospital.

I am sorry to hear you were assaulted and ended up being brought by ambulance to the hospital.

I note your point about being drunk, but that doesn't excuse you being assaulted. I hope you've made a full recovery and that the police are able to find the perpetrator.

I have passed your kind comments on to the A&E team. I know they will be grateful.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help - you can email via antony.tiernan@whht.nhs.uk or tweet me: @AntonyTiernan.

For more information about the work of our hospitals, visit www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk or follow us on Twitter: @westhertsNHS.