"Hip Replacement Surgery"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Having recently undergone two total hip replacement operations at NTGH, I have nothing but praise for the outstanding care I received from the members of staff in every department. From the brilliant orthopaedic surgeon, through each stage of treatment: pre-assessment, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, anaesthesia, recovery and nursing on Ward 8, I encountered only absolute professionalism and genuine concern for my dignity and welfare. Two major operations nine weeks apart were a fairly traumatic experience, but the high-quality care, including excellent meals, helped me to stay positive and make good progress. I am now able to look forward to an active and pain-free future and I am so grateful to all concerned.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam

What a lovely note of thanks. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your very kind reflections on the care you received from the whole orthopaedic team at North Tyneside Hospital. Two major operation in nine weeks feels like such a lot to go through - I am delighted that on both occasions you experienced high standards of care delivered in a caring compassionate manner. It is exactly what we'd want for all our patients.

Our orthopaedic team have received national recognition for the care they provide and we are very proud of them all. However, I do know it is the feedback from our patients that means the most to the team. I will make sure that they all get to read your very kind words.

I hope you are continuing to recover well at home. Wishing you all the very best with that active and pain free future you've got planned.

with kind regards,