"Disgrace"

About: Kettering General Hospital

I saw this neurologist just over a year ago after been admitted, she discharged me even though I was still in the same state as I was when I came in. I was to have a spine scan then see her again. I had to fight for the scan and then when I wrung for an appointment it was only if I felt it 'necessary' according to the scan there could have been possibly a syrinx or just a prominent spinal central canal, she'd take it to oxford and then re assess and felt that my problem wouldn't have anything to do with it anyway but still it was something important. So she said I have a functional disorder and didn't need to see her again but if I wanted to I could but she's been in contact about what oxford say... That was over a year ago I haven't seen her again or heard from her again. I have had to work with my GP to learn to deal with my condition and manage it alone, and pay for another opinion elsewhere which I hope will be better that hers.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

Please accept our apologies that your experience with our service was less than satisfactory. We note from your records you were offered an open appointment to see the Neurology team at any point should you wish to be seen again. Dr Arun is happy to arrange this for you. Please contact the team directly on 01536 4923575 for an appointment where we can discuss your concerns further.