"My visit to A & E"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department Scottish Ambulance Service

Last September I collapsed in the house and my daughter dialled 999, the ambulance arrived very quickly and I was taken to Hairmyres A&E.

I was taken to a small cubicle whilst my daughter went round to the reception to book me in. I was attended by a lovely nurse. Next thing I knew I woke up in the Critical Care having collapsed again.

I was surrounded by nurses and doctors working on me, the two nurses I had I think were May and Ann who were extremely helpful and hardly left my side, my family were allowed in twice to see me.

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Meshka

thank you for letting us know your ambualnce response was a quick one, and got you Hairmyres Hospital for further care.

I hope you're much better.

Response from Rosemary Lyness, Executive Clinical Director, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Meshka,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hairmyres Hospital.

I'm pleased your experience was positive and that staff were able to support you and your family at what must have been a very difficult and worrying time.

I hope you are now on the road to recovery and I will be pleased to pass on your comments to the staff in A&E and Critical Care.