"A long stay in an excellent hospital with terrific..."

About: Papworth Hospital

I spent six weeks on Mallard Ward at at Papworth and I was tremendously impressed by the hospital and all of its staff. The expertise of the doctors and nurses is so clear -- no matter what happens, they always seem to know how best to respond. This must be the very best place to go with serious heart or lung problems. What's more, I found that all of the staff, at every level, was amazingly caring and thoughtful. Over the course of six weeks, I had the chance to see a great deal of interaction with patients. Never once did I feel that the staff was anything less than professional and compassionate (even when, as happens, we patients were being difficult). In addition, the various teams in the hospital consistently communicated and worked together very well. As a long-term patient, I also appreciated the availability of wifi on the ward and the good range of decent meal choices. In fact, special mention should go to the food service staff, who always managed to deliver the food hot and to cheerfully and proactively handle special needs. Of course, I wouldn't recommend being so sick that a long-term hospital stay is required. But if required, I can't believe there's a better place to spend it than at Papworth Hospital.

Response from Papworth Hospital, Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Your kind words will be passed on to our staff.

Response from Papworth Hospital

We are delighted to hear that you have had such a positive experience at Papworth Hospital during your six week stay on Mallard Ward. Our staff work hard to ensure that our patients have the best possible care throughout their treatment and so it is wonderful that you have experienced this first hand. Your kind words will be passed on to our staff.