"The doctors and nurses worked so hard to save my mum"

About: William Harvey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

My 87 year old mother was taken by ambulance to A & E at the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford in late September. She was diagnosed with a broken femur and admitted to KINGS WARD C2 in the early hours.

She was operated on to repair her leg later that day and all went well. We saw her in the early evening and she was comfortable and in good spirits.

Unfortunately she was not strong enough to recover from the surgery and she passed away peacefully a few days after the operation.

The doctors and nurses involved worked so hard to save her. We were kept informed every step of the way and I cannot thank them enough for all their kindness to mum, and indeed their support to us during such a difficult time.

Thank you "William Harvey" - my mum could not have been in a better place.

Thank you so much for feeding back especially as this must be a very difficult time for you. We are very proud of our staff who work very hard to provide the best care they can, and especially when a person is at the end of their life. We only have one opportunity of getting this right for the patient and their family. I am glad we were able to support you through a difficult time. I will make sure staff in A&E and Kings ward C2 receive your feedback.