"Reaction to rabies innoculation"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Accident and emergency

Having been bitten by a bat (Yes a bat) I had a reaction to the injections. I was away from from my home in Dorset visiting relatives in Norfolk. Having had the first 4 injections I developed a skin rash and itch. I contacted my practice nurse and I was told to go to A&E immediately. I was seen within 20 minutes and left within an hour with appropriate medication

I attended the A&E. I could not fault any aspect of this visit. The lady on reception was efficient and considerate and the Doctor and Consultant did everything to solve my problem.

The atmosphere was calm and relaxed and I could not have asked for anything more.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are pleased to hear that you had such a good experience when you visited our A&E department, especially when you so far away from home. A copy of your feedback has been circulated to those involved in your care.

Response from Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for your feedback about your visit to our Accident and Emergency Department.

We are very pleased that your experience with us was so positive and we have shared your feedback with the dedicated and expert team in A&E.