"Wonderful Service"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Had an 11am appointment with a doctor on 14th October and I have to say from the moment I arrived the customer care was just excellent. From the lady on the main reception desk at the south entrance who directed me to the outpatients area, to the lady who registered my arrival, the nurse who weighed me almost the moment I arrived in the waiting room etc. The doctor was utterly charming, very professional and I felt he took as long as was necessary to quiz me and find out all he could about my health and my concerns. Not being rushed and chatting completely freely was a novelty as I always feel with my GP that the clock is ticking and I need to hurry. He asked me to make another appointment for 6 months time which the lady on the reception desk did straight away offering me a choice of times and printing out the letter immediately. The lady in haemotology saw me immediately and was really friendly and chatty and a real bonus was that she was so proficient at her job that I didn't feel the needle at all. All in all a totally brilliant service. I really don't believe I could have had better customer care if I had gone privately. Many thanks to all your wonderful staff.

Dear Jackie Burden,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your recent outpatient appointment at East Surrey Hospital. Its particularly pleasing to read that all the different aspects of your time at the hospital worked so well and that such a wide range of our staff delivered great patient experience.

Iab