"The very thing that is making my life change for the better."

About: Adult mental health (Southwark)

I had a breakdown in April of this year (2013) and ended up in A&E and eventually at my local CMHT. I have been in and out of the system at the Maudsley for various issues ranging from depression to anxiety and some more serious issues and found the support and assessments appalling. However, I have had a total change of heart in regards to the mental health system because of my experiences this year.

I was supported from the very minute I stepped through the doors at the hospital, receive amazing care from my local mental health team, my doctors got me on the list for CBT which has been very successful in my case and I continue to have support from all the teams/dpts involved in my care. I am grateful to them all as I do not feel silly, disrespected or belittled as I did over 6 years ago. So whatever it is that you are doing to improve your services and treatment of your patients; please keep it up as it has been the very thing that is making my life change for the better.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear kikideesd

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of using our services. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in the past. We are committed to providing every service user with the best possible care and treatment possible. We listen and respond to the feedback we receive from service users and use this to make improvements to our services. I am heartened to hear that your most recent experience has been so positive and we hope it continues that way.

It is always good for our teams to hear postive stories as well as critical ones, could you let me know the team involved and I will share this with them.

Bill Berry

Service Improvement Manager

Patient and Public Involvement Team

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Email: Bill.berry@slam.nhs.uk

Mobile: 07825180472

Dear kikideesd

I have passed your positive comments on to the teams in question.

Thanks again for taking the time to post them.

Bill Berry