"Great care for my father"

About: Watford General Hospital

My father was admitted to A and E at Watford General after my mother contacted NHS Direct. The nurse she spoke to wanted him to be double checked at hospital as she was unsure whether his symptoms were cardiac related. He was admitted at 1am on the 25th of May and was diagnosed with severe indigestion within 4 hours. The A and E staff contacted his GP and he received medication within about a week.

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you again for your kind feedback.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about the care your dad received in our A&E (accident and emergency) department at Watford Hospital. I'm sorry to hear your dad was unwell, but I'm pleased it wasn't cardiac (heart) related. Your kind comments will be really appreciated by the A&E team and I'll make sure they're passed on. Thank you again for your kind feedback.