"Complaint re repeated hospital cancellations for a..."

About: St Albans City Hospital

Why are there so many repeated hospital cancellations for a routine hip replacement at St. Albans hosp, herts

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

PALS will also be able to update you about your rescheduled operation.

Response from St Albans City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had your hip operation cancelled. I know this will be very frustrating. There are many reasons why operations are cancelled, including surgeons being off sick or them having to deal with emergency operations first. We should have explained the reason for the cancellations to you and I would ask you to contract our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) to get the explanation you need. You can call them on 01923 244 366 or email pals@whht.nhs.uk. PALS will also be able to update you about your rescheduled operation. Once again, please accept my apologies for your operation having been cancelled and for the poor way in which we have communicated with you about it. To keep up-to-date with the work of our hospitals, visit www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter: @westhertsnhs.