"Maternity care"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Maternity

I gave birth via c section in sept 2013. This is my 3rd child, and after experiencing midwifery care over the last 6 years I can see how much it has improved. My first experience of the delivery suite was a really good one but I felt the after care I received in Blakeney was abysmal.

This time around the ward was in a much better place. 3rd time lucky. The midwives are still stretched too thinly but the auxiliary nurse I had was amazing. The midwives were lovely too and really helped.

The birth experience was great too. I had a c section,and I recovered so quickly. The anaesthetist was amazing as were all the theatre staff. I felt looked after and more importantly they really knew what they were doing.

My only criticism this time would be that I encountered a senior member of staff who wasn't very pleasant to deal with. I don't think they should be allowed to speak to patients if they can't be civil.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your experience of our maternity services and we are glad to hear the service has improved. We will pass on your comments to the Head of Midwifery.