"I had a very successful hip replacement ..."

About: Trafford General Hospital

I had a very successful hip replacement in April 2007 at Trafford General but later in the year fell in the garden doing something stupid. This entailed a much bigger corrective operation in November 2007.

I spent seven weeks in the orthopaedic department, two weeks bed rest, two weeks sitting on a chair, then learning to hop with the use of a frame

This sounds quite an ordeal but the whole staff in the department made my stay very pleasant - consultants to cleaners. They were very busy but nothing was too much trouble. My family and I can't thank them enough.

I am now doing fine, walking all over the place and using Metrolink to get to Manchester and Altrincham.

Thanks a lot.

Love to all of them

Audrey Frost.

More staff of the same calibre.

Response from Trafford Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments. I am so pleased you felt well cared for and that you were treated with kindness and respect by our staff. We are a small, friendly trust that wants to provide the best possible care to local people, so I’m delighted you feel you received that.

Steve Spoerry