"Dental treatment"

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital / Oral surgery Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Dental services

I had a very difficult time, being dental phobic to get any help in getting teeth taken out under local anaesthetic. After nearly a year of mixed experiences, I was referred to St John's Health Centre in Halifax. I have received excellent treatment from everyone I have had contact with, either in person or over the phone,

Having had one tooth taken out under local anaesthetic in hospital, which I found extremely distressing and painful, I knew I would not be able to cope.

Right from the first appointment, Dr Simon Mavi and his team treated me with compassion and consideration. I had four teeth taken out in Calder Royal Hospital, Halifax last month. I am told the surgery was very difficult and took approximately five hours.

I would also like to commend the staff at the hospital who looked after me wonderfully well. What I would like to say is a huge thank you to everyone who has looked after me through a very difficult time

Response from Linda Thomas, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

It sounds as though you had a bit of an ordeal with the surgery to extract your teeth, but glad the staff looked after you well. We hope you are now well recovered. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi Toothtrauma

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your post with Simon and his team. It's great when a post mentions the whole team. The team work hard at being experts at looking after dental phobic patients and its great to hear success.

Louise Thornton