"It is the system that is at fault"

About: Good Hope Hospital / General surgery

I wanted this to be a fresh post for all those who read my first version https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions/113687.

The dreadful pain remains and now I have seen for the first time the truth of it.

It is the system that is at fault. The need for bigger and better and less by a succession of Governments not to improve the NHS but to bring it to its' knees. I have seen the queues at first hand people like myself waiting for operations.

I saw the consultant Mr Pimpleneker who explained everything and was brilliantly helpful.

This does not make the pain go away or indeed help with it. I will now direct my anguish and frustration were it belongs- the Politicians.

I therefore hope Dr Newbold will forgive my frustrations against him and his staff, As I have previously stated Mark Newbold is like a breathe of fresh air to the Hospital and I have a lot of respect for him and you know why. He is available to the people and he does listen.

Response from Mark Newbold, Chief Executive, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Dear ukbelgarion

Thank you for your post you have no need to apologise. I quite understand your frustrations but I am delighted we have been able to make progress. I know there are some medical issues to be sorted for you now but I can assure you we will continue to do our best to resolve your symptoms as soon as we can.

Once again, thank for for your kind comments

Best wishes