"All of the staff without exception went above and beyond the call of duty"

About: Victoria Hospital / Medical Oncology

My father was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia last Friday and was given weeks to live. Unfortunately he caught an infection on Saturday and was admitted to Ward 34 at Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy for treatment. My father endured a very painful and difficult week prior to passing away on Thursday.

The care and compassion given to my father and my family from all the staff at Ward 34 was exceptional. All of the staff without exception went above and beyond the call of duty to make my fathers passing so much easier.

Thank you Ward 34 you are a credit to nursing.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear "Devoted358"

Thank you for taking the time to post following your father's sad passing. Seeing such a rapid decline following his diagnosis must have been very difficult for you and your family. My heartfelt condolences go out to you all.

Losing a loved one is never easy but clearly the staff in ward 34 helped at this very difficult time. I will be delighted to pass your comments on to the staff and will also make sure that the Management Team and Senior Nurses are made aware of your feedback.

Providing compassionate care is what nursing is all about and today you have made me feel proud to be a nurse.

Many thanks for sharing your experience

Kind Regards