"Compliment on care received in Cardiac Catheter..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I had an angiogram ion 28 August 2013 and the care and treatment received was nothing short of excellent. The staff were warm and friendly and answered any questions I had. I was told that I would hear within six weeks of what the outcome was (initially told it would probably be a bypass). As I had heard nothing (6 weeks up today) telephoned the Cardiac Catheter Suite and spoke to a lady. I would like to emphasise how warm and friendly this lady was. She explained fully why I had heard nothing. She also explained that I would be attending Wm Harvey to have stents inserted. She answered all my questions, asking clinical staff for advice. She then suggested I call again around 22 October 2013 if I have heard nothing. After speaking to them I felt totally relieved and confident that I was in the system and steps were being taken to sort out my problem. Please pass my thanks to the unit.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with excellent feedback. I will certainly ensure staff receive your comments which I am sure they will appreciate. We are very proud of staff who carry out their work professionally and with kindness.

It is really important that you feel informed about the next steps in your treatment. I am sorry that you had to ring us for information, in an ideal world we would have got back to you within the 6 weeks. Best wishes for your treatment, I hope your experience continues to be positive.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Thank you for your kind words and we are really pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. Your comments will be fed back to the staff involved in your care. Positive feedback is an extremely powerful tool to motivate staff and we are grateful that you have taken the time to provide us with your comments. We hope you have since heard back about your stents and that you are well.