"Mental health services at bassetlaw: Consultant psychiatrist "

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

A very overdue but much needed thank you to Dr S Bloomberg (consultant psychiatrist) Bassetlaw hospital Worksop.

You helped and encouraged me to be a driver in my recovery journey and not a passenger.

I’m grateful for that. You always kept me grounded yet involved me in my care. You listened to me and kept it real, you deserve recognition for the great work that you do. Thank you!

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation to Dr. Bloomberg. As you rightly note Dr. Bloomberg is passionate about recovery and supports all of us at Bassetlaw to work in a recovery orientated way.

It is feedback like yours that keeps us motivated. Bassetlaw has a wonderful recovery forum where people from different services and experiences come together to share ideas on how to make recovery from mental ill heath a reality. We are very lucky in Bassetlaw to have a consultant who supports this vision.

I will make sure Dr. Bloomberg's senior team are aware of this posting so that she gets the recognition she deserves but I am sure your feedback is what she will value most.

Kind Regards