" Diabetic podiatry and unfortunately parking (again)"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital / General surgery Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Appt today at diabetic podiatry dept at North Tyneside general. Nothing but praise for the staff, both reception and in the appt. Was even seen early.

Problem is with the parking - machine says change is available at the front of the hospital - it is simply not feasible for a lot of patients to go that far to get change. I for one don't want parking eye anywhere near my card details. I ended up paying £2 for 45 mins.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir, Many thanks for taking the time to share all your concerns about our new parking system . Forgive the delay in my response but I knew you were in frequent contact with Steven Bannister, our director of estates, so I was trying not to complicate matters with multiple routes into the organisation. I understand that you have very little faith in Parking eye as an organisation and I'm sorry if access to the change machine has also proved problematic. It is not our intention to upset or frustrate our patients and I can assure you that all feedback on the new method, and the manner in which it was implemented, is being fed into ongoing discussions about what we need to do as an organisation to improve matters. We do want to listen and do all we can to respond. Thanks for your commitment to helping us do this. Thanks also for all your positive comments about our staff and the quality of care you have received at North Tyneside. With all best wishes, Annie Annie Laverty - Director of Patient experience

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Sir

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,