"Carers Support Service (City) Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust - Feedback"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

Star Service

The health component of the Hughendon Lodge/Star partnership has been cut and the Star service will be withdrawn. The Hughendon Carers group were extremely concerned that they had not been consulted about this. The group feel that commissioning bodies do not have a good understanding of the needs of the client group. The Hugendon Lodge/ Star partnership between Framework Housing and Nottinghamshire Healthcare is a fantastic model which should be replicated, not reduced!

Thank you for your posting about the Hughendon Lodge/Star partnership. I am very sorry to hear it has been cut and the Star service withdrawn without consultation with your group. I will contact the manager of the service and raise your concerns as carers and ask for a response relating to the commissioning of this service.

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your post as we do try to respond promtly to all postings on the site, I did not receive a copy as I usually do hence the delay. Please accept my apologies and I will to get a reply back to you within the week.

Response from Tracey Taylor, Service Manager, Community and Residential Services (South), Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello Hughendon Carers Group

I appreciate your concerns regarding the changes proposed to STAR. The changes mean, however, that more people will be able to benefit from the type of service that STAR has provided. The plan is for a dedicated service provided by Notts Healthcare to work with a variety of housing and support providers across the city and also in Rushcliffe, Gedling and Broxtowe. The team will continue to work with Hughendon Lodge.

I have arranged to attend your next meeting at the beginning of January to explain this further and to answer any other queries you may have

Response from Kim Davis, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your response, I will forward to the group members.

Look ing forward to seeing you at our next meeting on 13th Jan 2014