"Blood Test for my 2 year old nephew"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General medicine

Late last month my 2 year old nephew had to come in for a blood test. The nurse that carried out the blood test was so caring and friendly. It seemed the test went without a hitch. However I am so very annoyed now as we have just been informed that a mistake was made with the blood test. The whole thing has got to be carried out again so my little nephew has got to go through the whole process again. What sort of place makes mistakes with blood tests? This is peoples lives you are playing with. No mistakes should happen. Mistakes are unforgivable whoever the person may be and whatever the procedure. I suggest you have a good look at what is going on.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Tink 42

I am glad to hear your nephew's inital visit to have his blood taken went well but I am sorry to hear he has to go through this procedure again. I have passed your comments on to the head of our pathology department as he will be able able to give you more information about what has happened.

kind regards