"Islay Hospital Appointment - Result"

About: Islay Hospital / General Medicine NHS Highland

Islay Hospital Appointment

I write to follow up on the above story submitted to Patients Opinion on Thursday 03 October 2013. I received an e-mail on the same day timed at 1551 stating the story had been published and another e-mail on the same day timed at 2117 stating that there had been a response.

For those doubting the benefits of Patients Opinion I must tell that at 0830 today, Friday 04 October 2013, my wife received a phone call apologising for the mix up and to tell her that she had an appointment for the end of October. What a result.

Kind Regards

Adamas

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear Adamas

I am so glad that the local colleagues have been in touch to apologise for the mix up and put things right. Its good to know that you feel this is a good outcome and that your experience of using Patient Opinion has been positive.

I am sure the local team will also be looking into why the mix up happened and hopefully others will benefit from your feed-back.

NHS Highland does take feed-back very seriously and we try and respond to postings promptly.

I hope things go smoothly with future appointments and care.