"Patients put at risk."

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

Since 2005 i was a patient at The Lupus Unit at St Thomas's. from then up until September 2013, I have always had a good experience, unfortunately a lead Clinician who has never had anything to do with my care, has taken it upon himself to discharge me and many more patients back to the care of the GP. Putting patients at risk. It seems that this Doctor finds us stablye but with our conditions we are far from stable, and are life threatening. Leaving myself and others without specialist care. This clinician has taken my care away,and has a duty to Care and removed my choice in the NHS, as i choose to travel from East Yorkshire to London, because of the expert care I was receiving. A very disappointed patient and unable to attend the appointment in September 2013 because of this clinician.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

Thank You for taking the time to feedback on your experience with us.The Trust reviews patients at every outpatient appointment. The policy in the Lupus unit is to discharge patients without active disease back to the care of their GP or local Rheumatology department. In this instance, the review was conducted remotely by the Clinical Lead.We hope this helps explain the process for you, however should you have any queries or further concerns, please contact PALS on 020 7188 8801 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk.