"Marvellous care"

About: Derriford Hospital

My father has recently been treated on Bickleigh Ward for a cardiac problem. He has been treated with great care and respect. The two consultants who got together to undertake his procedure were amazing, they were honest and encouraging. My father has been extremely impressed by their care. They kept him informed, throughout the long and intricate procedure, on their progress, which encouraged him greatly. The nursing staff are also fantastic, dedicated, kind and professional. We are all very grateful for their endeavours at improving the quality of dad's life. On behalf of our family we would like to say thank you and would say to others that they are in good caring hands!

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your posting on Patient Opinion which has been due to unplanned staff absence, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Thank you for contacting Patient Opinion with your excellent feedback regarding your father's recent treatment on Bickleigh Ward. You have described so well the dedicated teamwork and communication skills that go into caring for a patient who is acutely unwell and in need of reassurance. I know all the team on Bickleigh will be delighted to read your comments.

With best wishes to you and your family on behalf of the cardiology team and all at Derriford Hospital.