"Appalling Care of Elderly People"

About: Chase Farm Hospital

My Grandfather was discharged as medically fit from hospital and passed away 10 days later from terminal cancer. We had no idea he had cancer as the hospital had not bothered to tell us. Obviously they didn't think we needed to know or something! He was 85 and they just couldn't care less. I would never go back there and advise anyone looking for somewhere to care for elderly people to run a mile. My Mum wrote an official complaint and 2 months later we still have no answer as to why they failed him so miserably.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

May I express my condolences for the sad loss of your grandfather. Your response is anonymous and so I am unable to investigate what has happened regarding your mother's complaint letter. Could I request that you contact bcfpals@nhs.net and we will support you with your concerns raised. If you do make contact please provide your grandfather's full name and date of birth so that we can identify his records. As an organisation we are committed from learning from specific issues and from any mistakes we may have made. Hearing about where we can do better helps us to pinpoint where exactly to make improvements to the service we provide. I really hope that you make contact with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)