"Women's health unit"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Gynaecology

I must admit when I was advised to go to Tameside Hospital by my GP I had no faith or trust due to its reputation and my previous experiences.

However I would like to congratulate the team on the women's health unit for being so efficient and caring. Not only was I seen reasonably quickly, the team explained every last detail of what was going to happen and were fully supportive during the procedure.

I couldn't have asked for a better service and know I will be comfortable with returning to the unit in the future.

Dr Hammersley and her team should be proud.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your positive comments, and I hope you are now on the road to recovery. We will pass your comments onto Dr Hammersley and her team.

Kind regards,

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at