"excellent care, professional team"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

I gace birth to my first daughter on 27th September and couldn't have asked for a better experience, staff on the delivery ward were very attentive and ensured my partner and myself knew what was happening at all times ensuring I had the birth I wanted. Stamdard of care did not change after transfer to the post delivery ward, although the staff were very busy due to to unit being busy they would always get to you in the end. Should I have more children in the future I will definately be using the QE again.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I am extremely delighted that you had such a good experience at the Queen Elizabeth Maternity Unit, we aim to provide individualised high quality care with the women and their families at the centre of everything we do. I am pleased you enjoyed our new postnatal ward, the family friendly modern facilities are receiving great feedback especially the ability for birthing partners to stay after a full range of delivers. We really hope if you have another baby you will be back to seen us in Gateshead. Best wishes, Jo Crawford, Matron, Maternity.