"Excellent service in A&E once in department"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

I unfortunately developed complications following an operation and had to attend A&E recently. I felt so poorly and ready to collapse in the reception area where you give your details and the only negative part of my experience was the miserable uncaring lad taking my details. He must have seen I was struggling to remain upright! However once in the department I was seen very promptly. I was given pain relief immediately. The nurse was excellent and quickly ordered the necessary investigations which were carried out in very quick succession. The surgeons were contacted and I was taken to a ward and seen almost straight away. Very impressed! I felt I had to write this as I was such a miserable person at the time due to feeling so ill and just wanted to thank all the staff for their excellent care.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in the A&E department at the LGI. We appreciate the time you have taken to do this. Your comments are valued and have been passed to the A&E department.