"Unacceptable"

About: Hemel Hempstead Hospital

Absolutely shocking attitude of reception/telephonist. I see other reviews from people who have had similar experiences and I wonder why this has not been addressed previously. If you feel the need to call then you need someone to answer the phone who will not talk over you whilst you describe your symptoms telling you this line is for emergencies only and to see your GP tomorrow. I believe difficulty breathing and excruciating stomach pains constitute as a need for urgent care. I therefore also believe a call to the 'urgent care centre' is the most appropriate 1st port of call. I look forward to your feedback.

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

They will be able to share your feedback with the relevant staff.

Thank you again for your comments. They are appreciated.

Response from Hemel Hempstead Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about your experience of the urgent care centre at Hemel Hempstead Hospital. I am sorry to hear our receptionist team wasn't as helpful as I would expect and I have passed your comments on to the senior nurse and doctor who manage the service. They will be able to share your feedback with the relevant staff. Thank you again for your comments. They are appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need to. My email is antony.tiernan@whht.nhs.uk or you can tweet me: @AntonyTiernan. For more information about the work of our hospitals, visit: www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter: @westhertsNHS. Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications