"Awful service still waiting for consultation"

About: Chase Farm Hospital

My Dad was diagnosed with bladder stones at the beginning of August. The hospital told him that he would be given an appointment to remove these stones in the next couple of weeks. 8 weeks later and he is still waiting! Because these are jagged stones it was written as 'Urgent' My mum rang admissions where she was told that my dad would be seen the first two weeks in September. Still nothing. Since then they have spoken to the consultant's secretary who has said she would look into the matter but nothing. My dad has also written to the consultant himself and once again, nothing. They have been ringing the Urology dept almost everyday, twice a day and it just rings and rings. They are more than frustrated to say the least and they just don't know what else to do. My dad is 81 years old and just doesn't need this worry. I am appalled with the service and to have no acknowledgement is disgraceful!

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

The Trust apologies for the poor experience that your father is having with referral to our urology services. As your comments are annonymous I am limited in my follow up. Please contact the Trust on bcfpals@nhs.net if you wish to provide your fathers' details and PALS can look at supporting a resolution to the current delays. We await your response.