"admitted via A&E for pain due to back probs"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Initially A&E staff pleasant but then left me in cubical area without call bell! Unable to walk due to severe back pain. Nobody checked on me to ask if I needed anything-as it was I needed the toilet but couldn't walk or call anyone as I had no bell! Called out to a nurse and was told someone would come-nobody did. Had to shout for help and then was offered a bed pan but no assistance until they heard me crying in pain! A&E doctor treated me very well and was responsive to my needs and couldn't have been more helpful. Nurses on ward varied. As a nurse myself I feel the most of the nurses need a course on basic care giving which left a lot to be desired! Physio was wonderful, helpful and understanding of my needs. Top marks for her and doctors!

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

While it was good to read your feedback about the treatment you received from the physio and doctors I was sorry to read your comments about your nursing care. If you would like to send me a few more details I can pass these on to the matron in change of ED so that she can respond to you.

My e mail address is tasha.gardner@sash.nhs.uk

kind regards

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anonymous While it was good to read your feedback about the treatment you received from the physio and doctors I was sorry to read your comments about your nursing care. If you would like to send me a few more details I can pass these on to the matron in change of ED so that she can look into this and respond to you. My e mail address is tasha.gardner@sash.nhs.uk kind regards Tasha

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Hi

We havent heard from you as yet, anbd there is no obligation to get in touch with us, but if you'd like to discuss your comments with our Matron in the Emergency Department please contact her: jackie.thompson@sash.nhs.uk.

Many thanks