"Praise for intensive care"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Following a motorcycle accident on 18 august 2013 I was airlifted to preston royal, I was treated in a&e and then transferred to ICU (non of this I remember). Then followed 3 weeks of care, this care was , without exception 1st class. Every single doctor and nurse who had contact with me was friendly but professional at all times, every single request / inquiry by me, be it for pain relief or a bedpan was handle quickly and with care and dignity. I must also briefly mention ward 14 where I spent my final week before discharge, here also the care was 1st class with friendly and attentive staff.

Response from Lorraine Kelly, Communications Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital