"A big thank you to all concerned!"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I was initially seen in clinic 12 and, though the waiting time (2 hours) seemed excessive, the assessment was swift, accurate and compassionate. An operation (hysterectomy) was arranged for 2 weeks hence and some of the pre op tests took place then and there. I was impressed with the comprehensive knowledge of my condition and the swift action taken. Additional pre op assessment the day before the op was in clinic 3. No real problems, though a long wait between some departments. I was very pleased with all the staff, in particular a nurse who went out of her way to make arrangements for my care that were particular to me, thus relieving some of my pre op nerves. My operation went smoothly in the capable hands of my wonderful gynae consultant and follow up was excellent. I cannot fault any of my care on Ward 14. The staff were all friendly, skilled and supportive, though clearly stretched through understaffing. The only slightly negative comment would be that, as I recovered, hours could pass without contact with anyone which could be a little unnerving. Well done all involved! I cannot thank you enough.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, we will ensure your comments are fed back to the services you have mentioned for them to share with their staff.